I love me some pineapple cookies! Decided to make them this year for Chinese New Year. My mother-in-law makes them every year. They’re really superb! Melts in your mouth mmmmmm.
The recipe was modified from this recipe: http://nyonyafood.com/pineapple-tarts-pineapple-rolls-recipe/?pid=136
250g butter (1 block)
80g powdered sugar (not a fan of very sweet pastry)
2 egg yolks
320g all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Throw in butter and sugar into your mixer. Let it mix well.
2. Dump in the egg yolks.
3. Mix the all-purpose flour, corn flour and baking powder in another bowl.
4. Put in the flour into the batter tablespoon by tablespoon.
5. Put in the vanilla essence.
6. When the batter is mixed well and there are no visible flour, scoop some and put into the cookie mould press.
7. Press it out in the form of a strip, put some pineapple filling and roll it.
8. Lightly brush with an egg yolk if you like for that glazing brown look.
9. Bake at 150°c for 30 minutes.